- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Grade 12 Education or equivalent qualification
- Competent and of good character
- No criminal record, or if the person has a criminal record, that a pardon has been received
- No outstanding criminal charges, and not subject of a criminal investigation
- Successful completion of an approved PARE with a passing time of 4:45
- Successful completion of training course(s) approved by the Director of law enforcement
For more information on qualifications, click here.
How do I become a Peace Officer?
You must apply to each respective Authorized Community Peace Officer agency and meet all their requirements as well as the Qualifications as specified by the Alberta Justice and Solicitor General Department. Once hired you will have to complete all required training before you are appointed as a Community Peace Officer. For a list of current career opportunities as a Community Peace Officer, visit our forum.