Body armour

This is an open general public discussion public forum.

Moderators: William_Norton, Terri_Miller, Kevin_Heerema

Sam_Burnett

Body armour

Post by Sam_Burnett » 23 Jan 2018, 13:37

Just wondering what Body Armour supplier everyone is using and what your experiences are with your supplier. We are looking for a new supplier. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sam Burnett

Brandon_Gantz

Re: Body armour

Post by Brandon_Gantz » 24 Jan 2018, 09:35

Hey Sam,

We recently switched to Line of Fire Defense in Edmonton. They have a large selection of carriers and internals available. They also deal with a large part of the Peace Officer population and have "Peace Officer" patches in stock.

http://www.lofdefence.ca/law-enforcement
Town of Slave Lake CPO1

Kevin_Heerema

Post by Kevin_Heerema » 25 Jan 2018, 08:50

Gentlemen,
If we are going to talk about body armor can we please do it on the restricted side. I don't mind sharing supplier info in the open but there are good and bad points about some of the products and I have a couple comments to each of your posts but they don't need to be made public.

If you do not have access to the members forums you can email me.
kevin.h@sundre.com

NOTE: Cody; can you please move this to the General Membership forum. Thanks.
Kev
AACPO Central Zone Rep / Site Admin

Kevin_Heerema

Post by Kevin_Heerema » 30 Jan 2018, 11:22

I guess topics can not be moved. Feel free to post links to suppliers etc but remember if you are discussing specifics about body armour that this is an open forum.
Thanks
Kev

Jeff_Williams

Post by Jeff_Williams » 30 Jan 2018, 15:46

I just got my armour from Line of Fire Defence. I am very impressed with the quality of product, as well as the fit.

I've also had Armour Express in the past, but side by side, I prefer the fit and style of the LOF armour.

Kevin_Heerema

Post by Kevin_Heerema » 31 Jan 2018, 08:02

When looking at body armor (I'm the guy that researches everything before buying) a couple years ago I was extremely impressed with Line of Fire and was about to order when I discovered Line of Fire did not have NIJ certification. In a nut shell, this is the certification by the National Institute of Justice in the US. They test body armor and approve the ratings (level II, IIIA etc). In looking at the current NIJ list I do not see Line of Fire listed.
On the Line of Fire Web site I see they say they "Surpass the NIJ 0101.06 body armor standards" however I can not find evidence that they have indeed passed NIJ testing.
I'm not saying don't use them but I would check with your employers insurance company and maybe even WCB to see if they require this rating. I'm sure no one will have a clue what you are talking about but rest assured if the crap hits the fan and someone has to pay, they'll quickly find this info to avoid paying.
Kev