All enforcement related jobs not directly related to CPO 1 program

Moderators: William_Norton, Terri_Miller, Kevin_Heerema

Warren_George

Seasonal BEO I - Parks Patrol Officer

Post by Warren_George » 11 Jun 2018, 14:11

Competition Number: HR-2018-0047
Job Title:Seasonal BEO I - Parks Patrol Officer
Department: Regional Enforcement Services department
Employment Type: Temporary, full-time non-management (approximately 3 months)
Salary: $23.30 hourly + 5% regular earnings in lieu of benefits
Posted Date:June 08, 2018 12:00 AM
Closing Date:June 22, 2018 8:30 AM
Last Updated Date:June 8, 2018 9:51 AM
Description:
The Regional Enforcement Services Department is looking for a seasonal Parks Patrol Officer to conduct patrols of County campgrounds, parks, greenspaces, trails and occasionally waterways until late August with the possibility of extension. The Parks Patrol Officer will be appointed as a Bylaw Enforcement Officer and will work alongside with a Level 1 Community Peace Officer or an RCMP Enhanced Policing Officer.

QUALIFICATIONS:

Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and acceptable driver’s abstract;
Minimum 18 years old and in good physical condition;
Acceptable criminal record;
Ability to interact with members of the public in a professional manner;
Preference may be granted to candidates with experience and/or training in the following areas; ATV, UTV, LEBA, and TPR (formerly PPCT) self-defense, or candidates who have previous law enforcement experience and/or are enrolled in a post-secondary program with a concentration in policing, law enforcement, criminal justice or criminology.

The successful applicant will be a team player with good interpersonal, organizational, writing/record keeping and communication skills. You will be a self-starter who can contribute positively to the team environment. You will share a passion for enforcement along with recreation and outdoor activities.

Contact Information:
Interested applicants are invited to apply via the Job Opportunities page on the County of Grande Prairie website at www.countygp.ab.ca
Warren Young
Town Of Grande Cache Enforcement Services
780-501-1581